Wednesday, 24 July 2013

DT Card for Crafting with Dragonflies Challenge # 7 : A Wedding Blog Hop

Crafting with Dragonflies is having a 
Wedding Themed Blog Hop
Hi everyone, warning this is a long post, so hang in there....we are having a Wedding Card Challenge with a blog hop. You will need to go to the main blog and check out the sequence of the hop and find the mystery clues in each stop and put the secret message together.... 
Every Design Team member has some goodies to give away, so make sure you leave a comment,  you gotta be in it to win it...
I would love it if you did the blog hop, but you can always just enter the challenge only if you wish...
Here we go....


You know the little Poem that everyone say........
 Something old represents the link between the bride's family and the past. Something new represents optimism and hope in the bride's new life. Something borrowed is to remind the bride that friends and family will be there for her when help is needed long after the wedding is over. Something blue is the symbol of faithfulness and loyalty. The sixpence, often worn in the left shoe, is to wish the bride and groom good fortune and financial security!

So, did you spot the mystery word you have to collect???

If you are here then you would have come from the main blog: Crafting with Dragonflies and will need to go to
Ina's blog next......click here

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Collect the words to make up the mystery answer.... and then send to the Susan
via the craftingwithdragonflies@gmail.com or directly to :
suhogan@gmail.com
My little Wedding story:
My Wedding was in November 1981. We had no money and my husband actually organized the wedding, not me, I had just arrived in Australia in June....so I really didn't know anyone, I was born here, but had lived mainly in Germany where my parents came from. I had met my husband when he came to visit his Uncle in Germany and we hit it off...So I arrived in June 1981, we were engaged in September, married in November.
Obviously we didn't believe in long engagements, lol.
 I bought a dress off the rack from Katies, when they used to have wedding dresses back in the day....I went straight from work, picked and payed for it, it was one weeks wages, back then $250. I was a Data Entry girl in an office in the City.
My husband had hired a 4bedder yacht for the weekend, so I had to get dressed on it without mirror, I had no bridesmaid or anything...
The wedding itself and the reception was all at a waterside restaurant, we arrived and left in the yacht we had hired. When it was over, we left in the pouring rain, pitch black darkness. In the morning we were wondering what all the fluffy white stuff was, it was all over the boat...
Mystery solved after we were using buckets to chuck it into the river...it was the rice everyone had thrown at us in copious amounts, as we were leaving in the yacht, it had swollen up overnight with all the rain...lol..
Here is a wedding pic...oh my, how young we were..and no photographer either, just snapshots... certainly different these days. I think all up the wedding was under $1000 that includes the dress and my husbands suit... we only had 25 wedding guests...

I found this cute little pic on pinterest, what a cool idea to add the blue to your wedding....

Well here is my creation, this gorgeous image is from Sassy Studios and is my prize to give away to a winner I get to choose....so leave a lovely comment, you might just be the lucky one, blessings Hilde



I used papers from my stash, it;s a box Easel Card, the handle is a pearl brad, lots of bling, the crown is a die cut, flowers from my stash, the gorgeous Bride digi from Sassy Studios is the giveaway that I have for you to win, just leave me a comment here, it just might be you...
Sorry about the colour in this photo, in real life it's a really gorgeous baby pink....more like the flowers
Good luck, blessings Hilde
 

32 comments:

  1. Lovely Hilde - a beautiful box easel card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your hat ,so pretty . Your creation is lovely ,those flowers add just the right touch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look amazing, there is absolutely no way I could have gotten ready without a mirror, that is really a story to tell! I love the glitter on your flowers, the perfect compliment to your soft pink image.
    {Hugs} Barb

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely project Hilde. Thank you for your inspiration on this blog hop.
    Thank you for sharing your wedding story and beautiful photo. Love the hat. I remember Katies bridal shop. I tried a dress on there in 1969 but then had a local dressmaker make it for me as I couldn't afford to buy it ready made. I was panicking at the last as she didn't finish it until the night before the wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it Hilde, I have never seen an easel card with the drawer what a great idea. Thanks for sharing your memories.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card beautiful story love them both !!

    Mayra
    MayrasDesigns.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card. Thank you for sharing your wedding story.

    ReplyDelete
  8. love your wedding story, beautiful card hugs Txx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful easel box card and story!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful easel box card and story!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful box easel card.
    Such wonderful wedding memories.
    Had to laugh at the fluffy rice part. TFS.
    D~
    http://designsbydragonfly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the card with drawers. Great colors. Makes it look antique. Thanks for sharing the story.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely card Hilde, love the colours and the box design is fabulous. Thanks for sharing you story, the yacht part was very glamorous! You look great in the photo. Hugs, Judith xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Bee-utiful 3D creation your Easel Wedding Box is. I've made an Easel Card but not a 3D box style. Enjoyed your wedding story. I got married in the 80s in an outdoor garden E coast FL. We had bird seed for the wedding since it was outdoors. I planned the wedding from Central TX and everything fortunately went well without a problem. The photographer I had gave me my wedding photos as a gift, he was a long time friend of the family. Hubby & I will celebrate our 30th Anniv this Nov.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hilde - that was a lovely wedding story - we got married in bluejeans and T-Shirts! LOL Have a wonderful day and thank you for the chance to win that beautiful digital stamp -enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Super story of your wedding day!!! I also wore a hat like yours to my wedding, so seeing yours brought back lots of memories!! I love your project, and best of luck for the rest of the hop!
    {{{hugs}}}
    Margy
    Owner: Digistamps4Joy

    ReplyDelete
  17. My first comment disappeared!
    Thanks for sharing your wedding day, and I also wore a hat like yours on my w/d, so seeing your photos brought back lots of memories. Your project is gorgeous! Good luck for the rest of the hop.
    {{{hugs}}}
    Margy
    Owner: Digistamps4Joy

    ReplyDelete
  18. what a beautiful box/card you have made Hilde.

    greetings karin

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely card Hilde, and I loved your wedding story. Thanks for sharing.
    Hugs, Ursula

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a sweet wedding story and picture:) Loved the card too. I am linking up my wedding card tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hilde - simply fabulous card Hilde - really gorgeous and loved the easel part.
    Really enjoyed reading your wedding story. You looked beautiful. Also loved the rice bit. lol

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh Hilde, I just love old wedding photo's and your card is fab too!
    Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm actually a little teary eyed at your story. Perhaps not an elaborate wedding, but it sounds just perfect...a beautiful beginning. Fabulous photo and your box is just exquisite. Thanks for sharing. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a wonderful story. Love your card too!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I loved reading your wedding story! Thank you for sharing it - getting dressed with no mirror - eeeek! But you looked beautiful! Funny about the rice too.

    Your easel box card is beautiful - I have never made one. I guess I need to look up that tutorial now!

    Thanks for the great blog hop, the great story, and the inspiration! Enjoy your day!

    KT Fit Kitty
    http://ktdesigns2013.blogspot.ca/
    P.S. I have candy on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hilde: Lovely Card, Amazing Story And Above All Thanks For The Clue!!

    Love
    Divya
    http://pinkpapercastle.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  27. What a wonderful wedding story, shows you don't need to spend at fortune. We also got married in 1981..a great year. Love your card. X

    ReplyDelete
  28. Lovely Box-Card!!
    Its so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. What a beautiful easel card box! You have an anniversary coming soon, so Early Happy Anniversary to you! We celebrate our anniversary in Sept. also and will have our 30th this year! Fun wedding story!

    ReplyDelete