Wednesday, 4 September 2013

DT Creation for Crafting with Dragonflies # 10 : Create a Mini Album

Hi everyone,hope you had a wonderful weekend and a great start to the week, half way through already again......
Over at Crafting with Dragonflies we are making Mini Albums, well I realise this might frighten some of you, but you do have 2 weeks to create one and we did give you a heads up last time that this was coming....you can make a little one folded mini album out of one 12 x 12 scrap book page or go all out like I did...I figured I might as well make a paper bag album and go overboard and this will be a Christmas gift for a special friend I have in mind...Hope you like it...I had fun creating it...
I bought a pre folded, stitched paperbag album with 5 holes, 3 paper bags were used for this album, which gives me 8 pages to use as, not counting front and back...
I don't really have a link for you as I made this one up as I went along, it's just stuff I have picked up along the way, not really a copy of anyone's.

One of our sponsors Eureka, were very generous and gave us some extra images when they heard we were making mini albums.....thanks so much, really loved these... I used 4 different images to complete this album.
A big Thankyou to Di's Digis that has very generously offered our second winner a fantastic prize...

 
I always use promarkers for my colouring, and the papers, ribbons etc. are all from my stash....
for the dangle at the top I used an old necklace of mine and some charms...the butterfly is a die from Quickutz, love it and I use it often..., the butterfly is a MS punch and mini dragonflies is a punch from no brand name, cheapy I bought the other day...no apologies for using lots of bling and glitter...

 This is the first page as you open it, with a little pocket on the left and the image on the right i made into a little pocket to slip a tag or photo under
 Next page, and this time the pocket is the the right, I used the dragonfly image and some dies to frame it.
 Next page I use the image to make another pocket again, coloured with promarkers and lots of glitz
 Last page, great area for lots of photos, and another pocket
This is the back of the book and again I finished it off with that gorgeous butterfly die...and a MS heart border punch.


I went over board with the tags, 6 large tags that fit into the bag pockets and then lots of little ones 
Hope you like it, I enjoyed making it, make sure you hop on over to the other Design Team Members to you can check out their awesome mini albums, now go and have some fun....
Blessings Hilde

I am also entering this into the following challenges:

Glitter n Sparkle: Anything goes
Digi Galore: Anything goes
Sparkle n Sprinkle : Anything with Glitter
Delightful Challenges: Die cuts
Aud Sentiments: Any Sentiment
Hiding in my craftroom # 113: Free style
Sister Act # 22: Anything goes

Use it Tuesday # 62: Trends : Paper bag album( Still have 50 waiting for me to use)
Anything goes # 100: In the garden and Butterflies
Sweets Stamps # 133: Butterflies
Frillie n Funky : Anything goes
Eureka #55: Tender Thoughts

15 comments:

  1. Wow, how fabulous is this! Great album Hilde and I am sure the friend will be super pleased with it! Love all those pockets and tags.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You never fail to amaze me with your talents. This is really beautiful. Love all the work you put into it - simply gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty album Hilde, your friend will love it, I'm sure. Love the ribbons and other embellishments hanging off your book, they look beautiful. Hugs, Judith xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a very beautiful album, Hilde

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing project. Love all the die cuts. Thanks for joining our Make the Cut Challenge at Delightful Challenges.

    ~~Chris
    DC-DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautamous!! I love bookmaking and you have created an absolutely wonderful album! Love the cover, the papers, the pockets - girl, you got it going on! Thanks for sharing your project in the “Any Sentiment” Challenge at Aud Sentiments.
    ~ginny
    Aud Sentiments Design Team
    RubberMAD at GettyCollection.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those die cuts are beautiful and I love all the creative tags you've made, especially the clipboard style one. What a wonderful gift!
    {Hugs} Barb

    ReplyDelete
  8. I REALLY love how you used our images on your mini album!!

    Thanks for joining us at Eureka Stamps this week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great mini album love all the added elements. Thanks for joining us at Sweetstamps.com check beck next week for the next fun challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. this is fabulous! I love mini albums! Thanks for joining us at Use It Tuesday for our 'trends' challenge and hope to see you again.
    Tammy DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love that Eureka image, great projects!
    Thanks for playing along with us at SweetStamps.com and good luck in the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super wonderful projects, love the colours you have used!!
    Thanks for joining us at Hiding in my Craft Room
    Cheers Jennie DTM
    Jenscrapstoo

    ReplyDelete
  13. A fabulous album. Thank you for joining us over at Glitter n Sparkle, good luck

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great mini! Love the colors and butterflies! Thank you for playing along at UIT!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great mini album you looked like you had great fun making it hugs txx

    ReplyDelete